Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do these lathes look used?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:19:51 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

We're one solar flare, riot, hacker, or other terrorist attack away
from a grid-down scenario, Gunner. Hell, the last long-term wide-area
grid outage was caused by a bird. Stock several months worth of both
food and water NOW, while it's all still both available and cheap. And
if you tell your neighbors, you'd better have all those guns loaded
and ready so you can fight them off to keep it.

Ah..you seem to be forgetting that I am in fact a "survivalist" and

I didn't see any there last month, so I forgot, yeah. Mea culpa.

If you had asked..I would have shown you. Never crossed my mind to
blurt " Say Larry..look at all the Stuff I have on hand in case the
world ends tommyrot!!"

Shrug..though I do have less on hand than normal..due to the flock of
humans living here.

have been for 30 yrs. Food and water are indeed stockpiled here. Not
as much as Id like..shrug....you have seen the reasons why..living
here with me. But I can get by for a few months and the arms, tools
and techniques are at hand and have been practiced for a very long
time.

Ayup, x2.

PJ O'Rourke