Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On 13/11/2014 13:00, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 18:03:06 UTC, Clive George wrote:

We're talking about DIY, so that's not relevant. Next?

They have got rid of teh rathe rstarnge word employed.

I employed a screwdriver to undo a screw.
I DID NOT have to pay the screwdriver anything.

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/PDF...pplia nce.pdf

What gas work can I do myself?
The definition of gas 'work' is quite wide ranging but you can
perform the tasks set out in the user's instructions, (provided
by the appliance manufacturer) that are intended for the user
to carry out. This would not be a breach of the law.

The law allows you to replace or adjust any component or
control that is designed to be operated, or replaced by the gas
consumer e.g. a cooker tap control knob. However you should
not do anything that involves d
isturbing the gas carrying
components (such as the gas supply pipe) or that could affect
the combustion process (such as removing the combustion
case of an appliance
-
see
Can I take the case off my gas
appliance?
below)

And we're back to the one you've already quoted. This isn't law, it's
people who have an interest in saying you need to use them.

Cite law please.