Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Thursday, 13 November 2014 14:39:31 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/11/14 13:02, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 18:07:00 UTC, Clive George wrote:

You've had the relevant section of the law pointed to you.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../contents/made

It doesn't say you need to be on the gas safe register. Or can you point
to a bit which does?

Of course it does say that, how could it the gas safe registare didn;t exist until about 2006.
http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/PDF...pplia nce.pdf

Because the wording says:

"unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a
member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health
and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph. "

That was written for CORGI. When GasSafe replaced CORGI for this
function, the HSE would have made the approval.

FFS Dave, just go and read the sodding link I gave you and let's discuss
it on the basis of the Act and not some spurious opinions from a trade body.

Well I've sent an email to them asking to clarify, we'll see what happens.
My supplier npower have left two warning noticing in the meter cupbaord.

Nationalgrid metering

WARNING
The outlet connection to this meter contains a sealing disc
THE REMOVAL OF THE SEALING DISC, CONNECTION, TESTING, PURGING AND COMMISSIONING OF TEH INSTALLATION PIPEWORK AND APPLIANCES *MUST* BE CARRIED OPUT BY A GAS SAFE REGISTARED INSTALLER

SAFETY WARNING
You are warned that this gas appliance/installation has been classified
IMMEDIATELY DANGEROUS........

This appliance/installation is dangerous and has been disconnected for YOUR SAFETY. It must not be reconnected until a 'GAS SAFE' registared installer has carried out remedial work on the appliance/installation to render it safe to use. It is an offence to continue using an unsafe appliance/installation:
DO NOT REMOVE.
Are you telling me I can ignore those and work on my pipework.?