Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Protecting against transient blown lighting fuse

In message ,
writes
meow wrote:
Isn't it their job to do maintenance like replacing blown fuses?

I gave them a handful of spare fuses, but they ran out.

I've measured the cupboard the CU is in, and replacing the fuseholder
with an MCB would stick out so far the door wouldn't close. One thought
is to replace the lightswitch with a switch that incorporates an MCB.
Wonder if they exist.

Don't think so.

Put a separate one in i'ts own enclosure in there for that circuit?

Could you put a FCU in the circuit for that light? Dunno if just
replacing the switch would work (as just the live switched normally).

Then they could just use standard plug type fuses (cheaper and easier to
get hold of)

Or tell them to get rid of the light !
--
Chris French