Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Protecting against transient blown lighting fuse

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:40:03 AM UTC, wrote:
meow wrote:
Isn't it their job to do maintenance like replacing blown fuses?

I gave them a handful of spare fuses, but they ran out.

Isnt it their job to sort that?

I've measured the cupboard the CU is in, and replacing the fuseholder
with an MCB would stick out so far the door wouldn't close. One thought
is to replace the lightswitch with a switch that incorporates an MCB.
Wonder if they exist.

Not seen them. Baby mcbs are generally thermal only, no good for you. Another option is to put the light fitting on its own low as possible fuse, eg 2A. Use a mains fuse of course, a plug type.

NT