nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr View Post
Is there a way to use only part of a can of urethane insulating foam spray, and
save the rest to use later? I find if you don't use it all right away the nozzle
and dispenser tube permanently clog.
Dbr:

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so if someone has already suggested acetone, my apologies.

You'll find that acetone dissolves dried Great Stuff expanding polyurethane foam. Simply use an eye dropper to drip some acetone into the nozzle on the can as well as the plastic nozzle that screws onto it.

You can also use pipe cleaners to clean those areas with acetone as well if you want, but just flooding them with acetone 2 or 3 times should be all you need.

Typically, nail polish remover is acetone, so if you just want to try it to see that it works, borrow some nail polish remover. You can buy acetone by the gallon at any paint & hardware store or home center.

Also, you can buy plastic tubing that will fit the nozzles at any hydroponics store for about 5 cents per foot. That way you can just throw away the tube after each usage.

Last edited by nestork : November 13th 14 at 01:36 AM