Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:06:04 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 16:44:05 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 12/11/14 16:26, whisky-dave wrote:

You are NOT considered 'competent' to work on gas unless you are gas
safe registared. It really is that simple.

Says who?

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/faqownerocc.htm 3rd question down.

Do I have to use a Gas Safe registered engineer to complete gas work?

Anyone employed to work on gas appliances in domestic premises must be a
Gas Safe registered engineer link to external website and competent in
that area of gas work. The gas engineer's competencies are clearly
marked on the back of the engineer's Gas Safe Register ID card. If in
any doubt you can ring Gas Safe Register 0800 408 5500 or check their
website link to external website to see if the engineer is registered.

Note the word "employed".
wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.