Rob

Default SDS Drill Bit Life

Grunff wrote:

Rob wrote:

Living in a house built from 750mm solid stone walls and fitting a new
bathroom (an indoor one!) I've found myself needing to drill quite a lot
of holes. A 1000mm long 16mm bit from Screwfix lasts me about 3 holes
before going blunt. Actually not so much blunt, more that the tip has
just worn away. Cost per hole, about 6 quid! Are these 'cheap' drill
bits or will they all last like this. Just ordered a couple of Bosch
bits, to see if they're any better.

Wow! Our house has 600mm stone walls (granite), and my 600mm
25mm SDS bit is still going strong after at least a dozen holes.
It cost me around £25.

--
Grunff

Do you happen to recall where you got that? The longest 25mm SDS bits
I've seen are only 450mm long and more like £35 a go.