Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smooth(er) Driveway

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 14:03:54 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Got the hydrailic quick-disconnects replaced today on the tractor ,
mounted the front blade and exercised it a bit smoothing out the
driveway . I need some weight on the back of the machine , I'm
spinning the tires when I take a decent bite (tractor tread , not
turf) . I expect it'll be just fine if I need to move a little snow
just as it is now ... but if we get ice I'm thinking I'll need
chains . Fortunately it has independent rear brakes , might help in
slick conditions . Looks like the only big project left on it now
is repairs to the mower deck - and I may be able to find a
replacement for that instead . Matter of money vs time , and I have
a lot more of the latter ... The deck has an advanced case of cancer
, but I have the material needed to repair it . I wouldn't dare spin
up the blades the way it is now , but repairs look to be pretty
straightforward and simple . Looks like the major problem will be
maintaining the blades all in the same plane should I decide to cut
the bad pieces out rather than doubling them . Both ways have their
plusses . And minusses ...

Just out of curiosity....how well would truck bed liner..the spray in
Rino Liner t ype stuff work inside the mower deck for protection?
Many vibrating deburing machines now spray the inside of the big bowls
with truck bed liner....

Gunner

Good question ! A good friend has an antique car resto business , he has
recently started doing Rhino lining . I think the stuff needs a rust-free
surface to adhere properly , and that will be a problem with this unit .
I'll be asking ...
--
Snag