Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smooth(er) Driveway

On Sun, 9 Nov 2014 14:03:54 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Got the hydrailic quick-disconnects replaced today on the tractor ,
mounted the front blade and exercised it a bit smoothing out the driveway .
I need some weight on the back of the machine , I'm spinning the tires when
I take a decent bite (tractor tread , not turf) . I expect it'll be just
fine if I need to move a little snow just as it is now ... but if we get ice
I'm thinking I'll need chains . Fortunately it has independent rear brakes ,
might help in slick conditions .
Looks like the only big project left on it now is repairs to the mower
deck - and I may be able to find a replacement for that instead . Matter of
money vs time , and I have a lot more of the latter ... The deck has an
advanced case of cancer , but I have the material needed to repair it . I
wouldn't dare spin up the blades the way it is now , but repairs look to be
pretty straightforward and simple . Looks like the major problem will be
maintaining the blades all in the same plane should I decide to cut the bad
pieces out rather than doubling them . Both ways have their plusses . And
minusses ...

Just out of curiosity....how well would truck bed liner..the spray in
Rino Liner t ype stuff work inside the mower deck for protection?
Many vibrating deburing machines now spray the inside of the big bowls
with truck bed liner....

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke