Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smooth(er) Driveway

On 11/9/2014 6:09 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
...........Arctic Alpin

...And when we get iced in down here in The Holler the only way
we're gonna move is to chain up . No studded tires here . Gotta
check out chain prices for the tractor and Ma's car ... she ain't
gonna be happy . "If it's not one thing , it's another" .
Snag

Here in New England two feet of snow or two inches of ice on the road
is a damn nuisance that slows down the rush hour commute. The only
thing that actually immobilizes us is trees and possibly live power
lines fallen across the road.

I know that one. Earth quake and trees fall all over. Pacific storm
and trees fall for 90 days afterwards. One winter I carried a chain saw
and gas in the back of the truck so I could get home or go to work.
Often I'd come upon a 20" Redwood across the highway and you would see
two or three saws working on it. Tricky if the road is hilly - watch
which way the logs roll. Most often they were on a clearing with a
valley from the ocean. UP draft and gusts do the job.

One winter storm after the '89 earthquake kept the house out of power
for 3 weeks. The earthquake was a week and a half. Some in less time.

Martin