Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need a bacteriocide for oil

On 2014-11-10, wrote:
Diesel folks,
I took apart the apron on a used lathe I bought and the sump had gobs
and gobs of gobs of gelled oil. Even though the sump in the apron is

[ ... ]

Why is it called way lube? Is it just because it is so good? I mean
it's not just lube, it's WAY lube. Just askin'

It is called "way lube", because it is made to lubricate the
sliding *ways*. At least my lathe (Clausing 12x24") requires a different
(and much thinner) oil in the apron. Double check the manual for that
lathe (if you can find one.)

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
(too) near Washington D.C. |