Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16121 Ignoramus16121 is offline

Default Man killed by falling tape measure at construction site

I would, personally, like to know how the investigation turned out.

A tape measure falling from 50th floor, is not a steel ball in a
vacuum. First of all, it is slowed down by air as it falls. Secons, if
it "ricochets" at a significantly small angle, it would shatter or, at
least, slow down substantially from a ricochet.

So, I suspect, it was still falling down nearly vertically when it hit
the worker. As such, a hard hat may have prevented his death.

I do not wear hard hats daily, but I do wear them at least once every
week.

Let us know what the result of the investigation is.