Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Any recomendations for a new multi meter please?

wrote in message
On Saturday, November 8, 2014 2:57:08 PM UTC, tony sayer wrote:
In article ,
scribeth thus
On Saturday, November 8, 2014 12:31:14 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

I've got one too. In a nice leather case. Where it stays.

Quite. AVOs always struck me as overpriced ad absurdam for what they
were.

But that that in context of the time they were built and used and its
not that surprising..

Their price might have made sense in the '20s, but decades later it had
lost all connection with basic sense. And from my limited time using them,
I was never impressed, any reasonably decent modern meter is better.

I like some old stuff, but AVOs no.

I don't like any old electrical stuff, the world had
moved on so dramatically with that stuff now.