Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bought this huge gantry crane from Rock Island Arsenal

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:57:42 -0600, Ignoramus4942

On 2014-11-05, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 18:35:15 -0600, Ignoramus4942
wrote:

Bought this sight unseen, now I wonder just how big it is and if I
have a chance of selling it.

http://ricklevin.nextlot.com/public/lot/15505300

It is an enormous traveling gantry crane, 10 ton capacity.

Just look at this picture

https://d2wkteasag18mt.cloudfront.ne...oDFlIcU_24.jpg

Ooh, that is one _big_freakin'_ass_ Erector Set, Ig.
It sure was nice of them to disassemble it for you.
I hope you find a buyer. What'll you charge them to reassemble it in
their factory?

I cannot reassemble, it is too big.

Not bought that hydrocrane on the truck yet? Tsk tsk tsk

It would be a snap with a hydracrane

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke