Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Adding hydraulic functions to a forklift

On Friday, November 7, 2014 10:46:04 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus8530 wrote:

However, I have an idea: Take off the hydraulically powered boom from
the front, and make it into a forklift attachment and mount on my
30,000 lbs forklift.

Thanks

I am not the right person as I was never involved in any fork lift mods, but as
I remember doing something as simple as changing forklift tines required the manufacturers approval. So you might want to figure where you are going to hide this if you get inspected by the state.

It may not be any problem for you. We were handling explosives and that might be the reason for the big deal on safety.

Dan