Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any recomendations for a new multi meter please?

In article ,
On 2014-11-06 17:55:16 +0000, Nick said:

My old one has today thrown the towel in. Can't complain as it's given
me good service for 25-30 years.
Main usages: AC up to 440V, DC up to 120V. Resistance occasionally.
Transistor testing never.
Audible continuity testing is a must.
Not used very frequently but lost without it. A decent item that might
last 10 years will see me out.
Thanks,
Nick.

You can't go wrong with one of these:

http://www.richardsradios.co.uk/avo8.html

I've got one.

You can certainly go wrong with one of those. Just trying to get
batteries, for a start. And they're less accurate than the average 2 quid
market stall DVM. And don't whatever you do drop one.

I've got one too. In a nice leather case. Where it stays.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.