Randal Dickinson

Default What is best lathe manufacturer?

You said manufacture; Oneway by far it is the best company I have ever
dealt with, bar none; great family...
Incidentally, they hold very tight tolerances that are very
consistent. This is very hard to do as cutters wear, etc., even with
cnc and all of the related equipment. I am no expert, but I did do a
stint running a cnc vertical mill, programming and all in a
manufacturing facility, and learned a lot, enough to be an informed
basic low level beginner...

Now, for the answer you expected, they also make excellent lathes;
they are my choice. I love my OneWay 2436 !
The whole lathe is excellent, but the head stock really shines, in my
opinion; a plus or minus three ten thousands hardened spindle, with
locking groove for chucks, faceplates, etc. The bearings fine tuned so
that bearing play is at a absolute minimum, this is just a fantastic
head stock on a great lathe.

My two cents....
Randy Dickinson

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:39:41 GMT, "Rob McConachie"
wrote:

I know this looks like a troll. But, I have come to a point where I may be
able to go higher that the Nova 3000 I was considering and wanted to get
your esteemed opinions on the best manufacturer.

could you please help rate the manufacturers (in your opinion)? even a one
word reply would help me.

Honest, its not a troll.

Rob