Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Do the glue-up jitters ever go away?

Greg Guarino wrote:
On 11/6/2014 11:59 PM, Michael wrote:
On Sunday, November 2, 2014 12:04:02 PM UTC-6, Greg Guarino wrote:
OK. I wasn't in a panic this time, so I guess I've made progress over
the last few projects, but I still get agitated anytime I start
applying
glue. Is everything lined up? Square? Flat? Enough glue? Too much?
Can I
get the last piece in place before the glue starts to make it hard to
reposition the first one? Too soon to remove the squeeze-out? Too late?

Seriously; Can I look forward to ever approaching a glue-up without
trepidation? Is it just another "day at the office" for some of you old
hands? Or does everyone get that "point of no return" feeling?

For better or worse, one of my "tops" is finally assembled:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguar...7644207411490/

Use the "right-arrow" to scroll.

---
protection is active.

Looks great, Greg!

Thanks. With any luck, I can soon say goodbye to the mitering anxiety
and fret about finishing instead.

I think you are just suffering from "I've almost got this completed, and
I don't want to screw it up! syndrome".
I'm afraid the anxiety just goes along with giving a darn. You're
doing nice work! If you pay attention you're not likely to screw
anything up! ; )

Bill

---
protection is active.