Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Any recomendations for a new multi meter please?

When I could see, it was a must to keep an analogue one with a real meter,
as the digital ones were always less accurate if measuring things that
fluctuate.
I'm on the lookout at the moment for a simple audio continuity tester so
Ican actually do a bit of wiring seeing as I cannot see the wire
colours.another gadget would be a live detector which warbles on the live.
Such things no doubt would be frowned upon for health and safety grounds,
but we do not all keep sihted people in cupboards.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Lee" wrote in message
On 06/11/2014 17:55, Nick wrote:
My old one has today thrown the towel in. Can't complain as it's given me
good service for 25-30 years.
Main usages: AC up to 440V, DC up to 120V. Resistance occasionally.
Transistor testing never.
Audible continuity testing is a must.
Not used very frequently but lost without it. A decent item that might
last
10 years will see me out.
Thanks,
Nick.

I've still got a Maplin "Precision Gold" which is ancient but still
working, the current one they do looks very similar but whether it's the
same internally...

Unless the budget runs to a Fluke, in which case Fluke.