Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On Friday, November 7, 2014 5:18:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
ok enough about the nitrogen

what about the water vapor.

I refill my tires with compressed air from my little compressor that has no dryer and i notice the moisture that squirts out.

Is there any bad effect to the tires due to the moisture?

My theory is that when the tire heats up the moisture is driven out of the tire eventually through the permiability of the rubber.

Mark

Heh, I refill my tires most of the time the same way. Home air compresssor,
no dryer. And I don't have early tread failure, warranty claims. I'm not
running back to Costco screaming, OMG my tires failed! Warranty claim! Maybe
my tires are unique, or maybe someone else here is full of BS.