Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:55:46 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"SMS" wrote in message
.. .
One other thing, is if you have a TPMS sensor fail (flashing TPMS

warning light at start-up) Costco does replacements at a cost far less
than the dealer. The batteries in the factory sensors fail at about 7
years. I just had them replace one last month. The next time I get new
tires I'll have them replace the other three since they are all going to
fail within a year and if they change them while they are doing mounting
and balancing there's no additional labor charge.

I have a 2007 and 2008 and the TPMS have failed on both of them. I have no
intention of getting them replaced. I think I was quoted a proce of about $
60 to $ 80 for each wheel. That is getting close to the price of a tire.

Either tires are a LOT cheaper in the USA than in Canada (I know they
are somewhat cheaper) or you are buying crappy tires. I haven't bought
a tire for less than $118 on sale in quite a few years - and I don't
have 17 inch or larger rims or super low profile tires.

The 2007 has about 55,000 miles on it and the 2008 has about 25, 000 on it.
I hae replaced the factory tires on both of them with some 80,000 mile
tires. I should trade by the time I need tires again.

---