Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Big Fred Big Fred is offline

Default Removing the drill chuck from a HF Mini-mill

I have a HF Mini-Mill #44991 that needs to have the drill chuck removed
from the spindle in order to install a taper shank cutter. After removing
the spindle cover, I inserted the Fixing Pin into the spindle sleeve and
loosened the Spindle draw bar. The instructions say that all I have to
do is gently tap the taper shank (hidden by the drill chuck?) and let the
drill chuck fall out. As you would guess, the drill chuck is stubborn and
no matter where I hit the drill chuck it remains fixed in the spindle. I
am using a hard rubber mallet. This machine is new and was shipped with
the drill chuck already installed on the spindle.

Is there a book or a video showing how to remove the drill chuck from the
spindle?

Big Fred

--
posted from