Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Did some today ...

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
I've been making small "canisters" (1/2 inch deep , 2" diameter
or
so , with a slip fit lid) out of scrap aluminum and giving them to
friends . One friend took one to a local jeweler for some
engraving
... and there are now 5 of them all wrapped up and ready to be
delivered to the jeweler tomorrow . We'll see if they move , he
thinks this time of year they'll probably sell well . And be a
nice
little addition to the building fund .

--
Snag

I've seen some nice looking small lidded containers made on machine
tools from glued exotic wood.

I made my wife a pair of walnut/maple bracelets for Christmas a few
years back . She liked 'em . I made a living working with wood in
one form or another for most of my life , I'm into metal now ... in
one way metal is much better than wood , have you ever welded a
piece back on a board you cut too short ?

--
Snag

Yes, with Weldwood.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...s/weldwood.php

I have an eraser that fixes cutting mistakes.

I just rub it on the drawing.

-jsw

Heh , I hear ya . I don't draw any more , just work from the plans in my
head ... or printed from the internet . And I've used that type of glue ,
great stuff for assembling exterior raised panel doors .

--
Snag