Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Any recomendations for a new multi meter please?

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:55:16 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

My old one has today thrown the towel in. Can't complain as it's given me
good service for 25-30 years.
Main usages: AC up to 440V, DC up to 120V. Resistance occasionally.

Watch out for cheap multimeters that are marked with misleading max
categories and voltages. I've got one that's marked CAT III 600V/CAT
II 1000V, but a quick look at the fuse (simple glass jobbie with no
physical shieding), and the PCB gaps between the terminals (maybe 1mm)
means I'd never even use it for single phase mains.

I think a lot of the imported meters just silk-screen on these CAT III
/ CAT II markings.

As ohers have said, can't go wrong with Fluke.