Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Any recomendations for a new multi meter please?

In article ,
Lee wrote:
On 06/11/2014 17:55, Nick wrote:
My old one has today thrown the towel in. Can't complain as it's given me
good service for 25-30 years.
Main usages: AC up to 440V, DC up to 120V. Resistance occasionally.
Transistor testing never.
Audible continuity testing is a must.
Not used very frequently but lost without it. A decent item that might last
10 years will see me out.
Thanks,
Nick.

I've still got a Maplin "Precision Gold" which is ancient but still
working, the current one they do looks very similar but whether it's the
same internally...

Unless the budget runs to a Fluke, in which case Fluke.

The display on my Fluke has become unreadable, but I did buy it in the
early 1980s.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18