Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

wrote:

Jeff, tubes have been used on steel safety rims for several decades.
That's the exact same rim used on today's cars (alloy wheels have the
same rim profiles) You just have to know what you are doing. I've
installed a few hundred tires with tubes over my life as amechanic -
only damaged a very few tubes.

The 'know what you are doing' part is the rub. I bought a set of tube type
tires in Knoxville and the inbred knuckledraggers managed to pinch all four
tubes. Thanks to copious quantities of fix-a-flat and a portable air pump, I
made it back to Arizona. Mexican mechanics still understand tubes.