Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR NITROGEN. This is snake oil for tires. It might
work
as
claimed, but the air we breathe already is full of nitrogen. My only
point
is, do not pay an upcharge for nitrogen. If they do it for free, then do
not
refuse. But do not pay extra.

Up to $2.50 per tire extra for nitrogen fill can be rationalized. Any
more is highway robbery.

No, nitrogen is snake oil. The air we breathe is already something like
80% nitrogen. You can do a search, but paying a tire shop for nitrogen is
a waste of money, $10.00 using your threshold.

With the air in the tire already 80% nitrogen and the outside of all tires
has the same mix of 80 % nitrogen and 20% oxygen (with a trace of other
elements) what good does the all nitrogen do ? Especially if the car is
not driven enough to heat up the tires.

---