Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
Jeff Strickland[_2_] Jeff Strickland[_2_] is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

"Sasquatch Jones" wrote in message
"Sasquatch Jones" wrote in message
I have a slow lead in the side wall that came from scraping some kind of
sharp object laying by the curb. Looks like a 1/2-inch cut, but jagged.
Tire is tubeless radial. Is it possible to patch something like this on the
side wall? Patch kits say they are for the tread but don't say specifically
not to use them on the side.

2nd thought -- can I put a tube in it? Seems like I remember tire places
say tubeless can't be fixed with a tube, but I can't see why not.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

===

Thanks many times over everyone! Both front tires are both close to needing
replacing anyway. I'll catch one of the Veterans Day sales.

I like America's Tire Stores, www.tires.com

Tire Rack, www.tirerack.com, is also a good choice. At Tire Rack, they ship
tires to you, and you take them to the tire store and pay an installation
charge. You can call the installer and see if they accept a drop-shipment.
America's Tire has a competitive price and they will get whatever you need
shipped in for free.

Costco has a limited selection, but the selection they have is pretty good.
They generally have a Good, Better, and Best option for each size.

DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR NITROGEN. This is snake oil for tires. It might work as
claimed, but the air we breathe already is full of nitrogen. My only point
is, do not pay an upcharge for nitrogen. If they do it for free, then do not
refuse. But do not pay extra.