Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

IYM wrote:

But all in all, with the price for a tube & repair why not just get a
new tire? If your really hard up for $$, you can even buy used with
decent tread left. I've never done it before, but have seen used tire
places so someone does..

I picked up 3 decent tires on craigslist. The guy had damaged one of the set
and was anal enough that he didn't want a mismatched tire.

As for the OP, my pickup doesn't get out much and is on retreads that are
old enough to vote. Two have developed sidewall leaks just sitting in the
driveway. I figured if they were that far gone I would trust a tube, hence
craigslist. I just couldn't see dropping $150 a tire for something that gets
out of the driveway once a year or so.

When I was looking, I saw a lot of tires on craigslist.