Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.autos,alt.autos.ford
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Reparing Leak in Tire Side Wall

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Sasquatch Jones" wrote in message
I have a slow lead in the side wall that came from scraping some kind of
sharp object laying by the curb. Looks like a 1/2-inch cut, but jagged.
Tire is tubeless radial. Is it possible to patch something like this on
the side wall? Patch kits say they are for the tread but don't say
specifically not to use them on the side.

2nd thought -- can I put a tube in it? Seems like I remember tire places
say tubeless can't be fixed with a tube, but I can't see why not.

---------

have done just that in the past.

let me add: mine was a radial tire and I got many miles out of it with the
tube. However the hole in the sidewall was the tiniest of holes from
hitting the curb, not your 1/2" jagged fright.