Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Nuclear power providing 6x more electricity than wind.

On 04/11/14 18:58, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Demand 48.9 GW.

I remember it hitting more or less 65GW 2 years (or might have been 3)
ago. We don't even have that now...

A few days ago I downloaded a full copy of the gridwatch data

a) It'd be a shame to lose 3+ years of data if "anything bad" happens
b) To look at trends and correlations in the data.

After filtering out a handful of anomalous readings, the max(demand) was
59.2GW on the evening of 8th Feb 2012

OK - I must have imagined it - unless I saw an anomalous reading... Odd,
sure I recall it being over 60 at one point. Perhaps it was more like
5-6 years ago? Maybe that time when Sizewell B fell over and the SE was
threatened with demand control.