Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Poverty cycle" for businesses

On Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:22:17 PM UTC-4, F. George McDuffee wrote:

It would appear far more efficient and equitable to require
the employers to pay the 15$ (or more) per hour and include
these costs in their register prices for their customers,
rather than hiding these costs by foisting these off on the
general taxpayers, many of whom are not customers.

Unka' George

I disagree. I think it as better to keep larger numbers of minimum wage workers employed and having the government subsidize them . I see the alternate as increasing the number of minimum wage earners that are unemployed and having the government pay a lot more for assistance to the unemployed. One way the government pays part of the costs. The other way the government pays all of the costs.

Also if they are employed , they will not commit as many crimes.

Raising the minimum wage will increase the rate at which we automate.

Dan