Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Too cold? Not enough stirring? Or something else?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/1/2014 4:47 PM, wrote:

I have been careful to air out the room and limit time spent when the
odor is strong. BUT I am concerned about 2x things

1) is this odor dangerous

Probably more so if you are very young or very old. It's
not the odor, it's the chemicals that are being outgassed that are the
issue. Suggest you open a window daily until you don't notice it anymore
unless you have somewhere else to put it.

2) dangerous or not it is not pleasant

the odor is off gassing and will get better with time. What I can't
say is how much time, but a second coat, properly applied, may seal in
whatever the problem is. Heating is forcing a cure and while
unpleasant, it may shorten the time.