Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Too cold? Not enough stirring? Or something else?

On Saturday, November 1, 2014 2:32:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I hope you don't feel that way because of my post.

Yes, Robert, but I was aware of where you're coming from. No problem with your guiding us, this way. I always welcome your input. Thanks.

Maybe I should have been more direct.... and taking a cue from DadiOH:
To the OP....
1) wipe the oil off
2) Scuff it
3) Allow it to dry or cure, as best as possible
4) Install the cover, as long as there's no odor to effect the child

*) And since your weather may have contributed to the issue and you have no decent place to work, other than the kitchen table

5)Wait until spring or summer to do any fix that may need to be done.
6) In the meantime, keep us updated, so "we" can further troubleshoot some possible fixes.... *That's what us non-pros do, postpone the project, until a more convenient time, like next year.

One way or the other, there are folks, here, that can and will help solve your problem. That's one reason why I visit, here, often.

Sonny