Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Poverty cycle" for businesses

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:31:49 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

I got got in this cycle...

Profits on apples were declining so I over expanded. We were beating
ourselves to death running all over and needed too much help to get it
all done.

Ugg, suckage.

One year, we had a near crop failure, so we cut all expenses
to the bone. Didn't have to work near as hard. The surprise: net
profit was higher.

We now produce 20% of the volume but higher price, and less delivery.

Is that when you switched to Honeycrisp, or had you planted/grafted
them that way from the start?

AND there's time to go fishing.

Great!

So, did the near crop failure result in the loss of 80% of your trees?
From "cut all expenses" to "20% of the volume" is a massive jump.

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying