Arch

Default HF 34706 lathe

Leo, Put to rest a minor question re how cold adversely affects Reeve's
and Hi-Lo type drives. I guess mostly it freezes the grease, but if if
shrinking the pulley more than the shaft counts, then maybe (theory
only) a different pulley metal could help. BTW, are there anti-freeze
greases? As to the belts, (again practicality aside) a cold stiff belt
should actually help the belt move the sheave halves? I know that broad
V belts with firm inelastic sides were available for these mechanical VS
drives, but since link belts work so well they don't seem worthwhile.
Arch

Fortiter,