Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Swingman and Leon

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:02:31 -0500, "Dave in Texas"
wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
m...

Brennans is damn good and dam expensive Cajun style food.

Been many, many years since I ate there [and it's not like it's specific
to Houston] but Ruth's Chris impressed me.
I remember having to hold my napkin up in front of my shirt when the waiter
arrived with our order account the sizzles jumping off my steak. Hottest
food I ever been served anywhere. And the blueberry cheesecake overflowed
the plate on which it was served.

I've been to Ruth's Chris a couple of times. I went on a business
trip and then took my wife, once, on the way back from a trip to the
parent's place. She knew that I had gone and wanted to know what it
was all about. She found out; $45 steak, $12 salad, $8 potato, $8
asparagus, $5 coke (me), and $15 glass of wine (her)... It's
certainly good (and *hot*, as you say) but it wasn't *that* good.