Posted to rec.woodworking

Default position of integral drawer slides

dadiOH wrote:

As soon as I finish tiling our master bath I will be starting on his
&
her vanities.

The vanities will have a total of three drawer stacks, each with
five
drawers. Being lazy, I have arranged things so that all the drawers
are
the same width and length, only two diferent depths, so they will be
easy to make I plan to suspend them with oak runners let into
the
cabinet sides.

My question is where - if any - is the best place on the drawer
sides
for the rabbet for the runners?

I have made many drawers like this,
always just cut the rabbets a bit above center but maybe near top is
better? Or centered? Below center? Is there a "best" place?

All opinions welcome, experience and reasons are worth extra points

Whatever floats your boat.

Lew