Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

If you want to cut a tree down you need to ask the
council in case it's listed or otherwise protected.

You need to do that regardless of whether
you are cutting it down yourself or paying
someone else to cut it down.

I thought you also need to know what you are doing.

Depends on where the tree is.

Plenty of youtube videos of people ssaving money by cutting
therio own trees down and it ends up on their house or car.

And vastly more who managed to cut down
the tree without doing anything like that.

If you have a brain you want to buy all the correct euipment

There is no "all the correct equipment", there
are plenty of different ways to cut trees down.

What does that mean ?

That there is a variety of equipment that
will be fine for cutting down most trees.

or at least hire it, and that's not cheap,

Bull****. I just got another electric chainsaw from
a garage/yard sale for just $20 and it works fine.

good for you. Doesn't mean you're
compendent to use it though.

You're welcome to get one of the other types of
saws that even someone as stupid as you can use.
Just saw one on one of the local facebook buy sell
swap groups this morning for just $20.

But of course you could break the H&S rules I suppose.

I broke no H&S rules except that in the summer I chose
to do it in just shorts and thongs, not even a shirt.

That's just one of the things that make you an idiot.

Nope, worked fine.

I bet you never even used PPE

I'm not stupid enough to use that.

course not, not even a hard hat,

I do have one of those but not stupid enough to use it.

When I built my own house from scratch,

so you didn;t actually buid it yourself

I did actually.

you had help.

**** all of that.

waht the help .......

Try that again in english instead of gobbledegook.

Why didn;t yuo do it yourself as you said.

I did.

that triggered a bit of a rash of that with
quite a few of my mates and we did that
with each other's houses.

so you have to help out your mates how
many years have you been doing that for.

The worst of the technoklutzes just did the easiest stuff,

so that technoklutze mate of yours
did he build his own house too ?

I just said he didn't, stupid.

you didn't

I did. I clearly said

The worst of the technoklutzes just did the easiest stuff,

you just told me that your mates did it.

Can't manage even the most basic comprehension,
presumably because you are completely blotto, as always.

So you had a technoklutzes just going around doing the painting.

Nope. HE DID THAT ON HIS OWN HOUSE AFTER
HE GOT SUBCONTRACTORS TO DO ALL THE MORE
DIFFICULT STUFF.

in one case one of them quite literally painted
the outside of the concrete block place with a
broom and a bucket of paint.

That was HIS OWN HOUSE, not mine, stupid.

Well lots of people paint their own houses, but that's not building it.

Never said that HE built his own house, stupid.

I actually said

The worst of the technoklutzes just did the easiest stuff,

Was that because you were to stupid to
do it as I thought you did the DIY yourself.

That was him, not me, stupid. And he was the only
one that did that like that, all the rest managed to
do a lot more of the house building themselves.

a lot more of implies the technoklutzes did do building

Nope, I said

The worst of the technoklutzes just did the easiest stuff,

and there's more than one of them.

Nope, not with those that were infected with the new
house fad by me building my own house from scratch.

When a mate of mine replaced my meter tails
I did NOT cliam to do thaqt MYSELF as a DIY
project, getting someone else to do yuor DIY

I never said that any of my DIY was done like that.

you said you built your own house,

Yes.

which of course any fool can do with help from others,

I didn't have any help from others in that sense.

We did a bit of helping each other with the stuff that
wasn't possible for a single person to do by themselves
like with getting the big J beams up on the roof and
the metal decking. We helped each other to do that
stuff.

who built the technoklutzes houses ?

The worst of the technoklutzes got subcontractors
to do everything except the painting.

HE PAINTED HIS OWN HOUSE THAT WAY, stupid.

why when you can do it yuorself.?

That is what I did, painted my own house.

They all painted their own houses.

That particular technoklutz chose to use a broom and
a bucket of paint WHEN PAINTING HIS OWN HOUSE.

So what is wrong with doing it that way.

It wastes a lot more paint than doing
it with a roller with concrete blocks.

I don't give a flying red **** what some H&S regulation requires.

I do what makes sense.

I got a licensed electrician to claim he had done the work.

So that was a lie then wasnt; it.

Ypou needed someone else to sign off the work you did.

Nope, to claim he did the work. He didn't.

Why did you need someone esle ?

Because that is what the law requires here, the electrical
wiring has to be done by a licensed electrical contractor.