Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Stainless rust removal redux

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:20:24 -0400
"Carl Ijames" wrote:

Unfortunately, citric acid doesn't remove rust. It would be a great last
step to repassivate everything after whatever else you do. Bead blasting
with glass beads will definitely leave a matte finish. Never done it, but
soda blasting may not hurt the finish and should remove the rust. You could
try wiping in an out of sight area with BarKeepers Friend, which is supposed
to remove rust, or maybe a dab of Naval Jelly or other phosphoric acid
product, to see what the effect on the finish will be before doing the
entire outside.

Guess I was hoping it would. I remember wondering about that (removing
rust) when I was reading your post. That's why I'm asking and thanks
for the reply

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b