Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default House rewiring

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 08:34:23 -0000, ARW wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:01:37 +0100, ARW
wrote:

So you're a semi pussy. I don't bother with RCD at all, even when
mowing
the lawn, or a submerged pump in a fish pond. It's 240V, not 11kV.

And that is where your comments become silly.

Why?

Your decision to have no RCD protection on the pump suggests that you are a
fool. You have no control over the safety of the pump installation.

Since I put it there, I have every control over it. And not having an RCD on it might endanger the goldfish, but it's unlikely for the pump to leak.

--
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.