Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ian Malcolm[_2_] Ian Malcolm[_2_] is offline

Default stainless steel tubing for boating, farm, etc. - $50 (coronado)

Richard wrote in news:mcqdnb2qbtap6NHJnZ2dnUU7-
:

If its the right size for stanchions someone local will have probably
snapped it up by now.

Stanchions are generally 1 inch.

Yes, but some larger vessels with high multi wire stanchions do use 32mm
(1 1/4")

I mentioned it because I keep a suitable length of salvaged tubing
aboard. If someone prangs one of my stanchions in a marina, I can fix it
in under half an hour if there's no significant GRP damage. Of course if
your boat has tapered stanchions or has ones with integral caps, you dont
have any cheap options.

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL