Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Too cold? Not enough stirring? Or something else?

woodchucker wrote:

I'm not a big poly user, but I don't think you need to stir it.

Yes Jeff - you do need to stir it. With any poly - not just with satin
finishes, stir slowly and don't shake. You don't want to introduce air
bubbles into poly which will happen when shaking it. That though does not
apply to the OP's question about an oily feel. I can't figure out how he's
getting that - it's just not what one would expect from poly. If I were
him, I'd scuff it down and re-apply with proper stirring.

--

-Mike-