Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

But you should also see more who buy a run down
dump and who can't afford to do anything but DIY
to turn it into something much more decent to live in.

Run down dumps are too expensive to DIY,

Bull****.

Talking out your arse again I see.

We'll see...

Yes we have.

Yep, you face down in the mud, as always.

We can search property list to see what's avaible so do it.

Don't need to. There are plenty of examples
of people doing it in the TV house reno series.

I did 5 years ago when a friends was looking for a
place to DIY. Threr's was nothing he could afford

Irrelevant to what others can afford.

in the end he brought a canel boat for about £3k,
there was nothing for under £15K in the UK.

Plenty can afford more than that.

Quite a number in france and a lot in Bulgaria.

So your stupid claim has blown up in your face
and covered you with black stuff, as always.

But if you really knew what you were talking about it'd be quite easy
for you to post a link to an affortable property suitable for DIY.

Plenty can afford more than £15K.

But you can;t can you.

You're wrong, as always.

If not then find such a property that is run
down which an average person could afford.

No one said anything about the average person.

So you were only talking about companies or mulit-millionairs is that it.

Nope, just someone who can afford more than the average
person because its not the first house they have owned.

JUST that a run down dump is obviously going
to be cheaper to buy and DIY than buying the
same thing which isnt a run down dump.

No **** sherlock.

So your stupid claim that it isnt possible by individuals
has blown up in your faced and covered you with black
stuff, again.

anyone can buy anything including the mona lisa
when it next coems up for sale, was that your point ?

The point is that buying it run down and DIYing it
is going to be cheaper than buying the same thing
not run down, and that if the same thing not run
down is out of your price bracket, the run down
one may not be, stupid.

It may not be but for the vast majority
of people looking for a home it is.

Bull****.

ofm course perhaps yuo can find a run down
dump that's affordable then good luck.

They are sure to be cheaper than the
same place that isnt run down, stupid.

Yes they are stupid, but that doesn;t
mean they are affordable for teh majority.

No one except you said anything about any majority, stupid.

There you go again moron.

We'll see...

OK if it's NOT for the majority you still need
to find a property for someone to do DIY on.

Plenty of those.

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed that there are quite a few places that
can be significantly improved with some DIY.

And if the non run down ones are out of your price bracket, a run
down one that you can DIY may well be a viable proposition for some.

It might be but unlikely for a DIY person,

Bull****. Its perfectly possible to update the kitchen
and bathrooms etc and even get real radical and
paint the place etc. Even someone as stupid as
you should be able to manage that if you weren't
completely blotto all the time.

that is the point.

Like hell it is. DIY aint rocket science, stupid.

Bull****. There's **** all skill involved.

There's quite a bit.....

Bull****.

The why can you find sucha place.

Try that again in english instead of gobbledegook
when not completely blotto, as you always are.

I did in fact designed and built my own house from
scratch and did virtually all the work myself as well.

Well done then. How long did it take

Couple of years.

and how much money did you need to start.

Not a cent. I did in fact have quite a lot of money
but was getting a very decent return on that in
the stockmarket and decided to see how feasible
it would be to do it entirely with borrowed money
because I was getting a better return on my funds
than I had to pay to borrow it.

Most people at least need land to build on.

And in my case that cost me the grand total of $3750
and I didn't even have to pay that up front, just had to
pay it off to the govt.

Bargin.
http://www.gumtree.com/p/commercial-...nd-/1085961955

pop into B&Q grab a few tools and marerials and you'll have a house in...
X years.

Sure, but that aint bureaucratic control, that's the landlord.

Doesn;t change anything it's in the rental agreement.

That doesn't make it bureaucratic control.

Still stops you DIYing.

But doesn't if you aint renting, stupid.

Its certainly true that more are more likely to have
their windows replaced professionally than doing
that themselves tho.

Well these all those regulations you have to check for,

There are **** all regulations involved with windows.

you know nothing.

Easy to claim...

yes, you continiuly prove it.

Bull**** with windows.

So why not prove me wrong by siting a suitable property.

There are hordes of those where buying a run down dump
and DIYing it makes a hell of a lot more sense than buying
the same thing that someone else had turned it from a run
down dump into a decent modern house.