Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Thursday, 23 October 2014 13:51:17 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

But you should also see more who buy a run down
dump and who can't afford to do anything but DIY
to turn it into something much more decent to live in.

Run down dumps are too expensive to DIY,

Bull****.

Talking out your arse again I see.

We'll see...

Yes we have.

We can search property list to see what's avaible so do it.
I did 5 years ago when a friends was looking for a place to DIY.
Threr's was nothing he could afford in the end he brought a canel boat for about £3k, there was nothing for under £15K in the UK.
Quite a number in france and a lot in Bulgaria.

But if you really knew what you were talking about it'd be quite easy for you to post a link to an affortable property suitable for DIY.
But you can;t can you.

If not then find such a property that is run
down which an average person could afford.

No one said anything about the average person.

So you were only talking about companies or mulit-millionairs is that it.

JUST that a run down dump is obviously going
to be cheaper to buy and DIY than buying the
same thing which isnt a run down dump.

No **** sherlock.

anyone can buy anything including the mona lisa
when it next coems up for sale, was that your point ?

The point is that buying it run down and DIYing it
is going to be cheaper than buying the same thing
not run down, and that if the same thing not run
down is out of your price bracket, the run down
one may not be, stupid.

It may not be but for the vast majority of people looking for a home it is.

ofm course perhaps yuo can find a run down
dump that's affordable then good luck.

They are sure to be cheaper than the
same place that isnt run down, stupid.

Yes they are stupid, but that doesn;t
mean they are affordable for teh majority.

No one except you said anything about any majority, stupid.

There you go again moron.

OK if it's NOT for the majority you still need to find a property
for someone to do DIY on.

And if the non run down ones are out of your price bracket, a run
down one that you can DIY may well be a viable proposition for some.

It might be but unlikely for a DIY person, that is the point.

Bull****. There's **** all skill involved.

There's quite a bit.....

Bull****.

The why can you find sucha place.

I did in fact designed and built my own house from
scratch and did virtually all the work myself as well.

Well done then. How long did it take and how much money did you need to start.