Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_5_] TomR[_5_] is offline

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

wrote in message
Did you check what the other end of the thin bare wire was connected to
(to dangle a preposition)?

I assume that this was in reply to my post which said, that I

".....just got done doing work on a house that I "indirectly" own and which
has
mostly all 2-prong outlets where the "Existing wiring is in very good shape"
as in the original question. I discovered that it has metal outlet boxes
and all of the 2-prong receptacles are in metal boxes that are grounded with
a thin ground wire that runs inside the same sheathed wire that contains the
black and white wires. So, I was able to switch out some of the 2-prong
receptacles and replace them with regular 3-prong receptacles that are
grounded to the metal outlet box."

And, yes, the other end of the thing bare wire for each circuit was attached
to the ground bar in the main panel.