Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default House rewiring

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 20:58:03 +0100, ARW wrote:

"Uncle Peter" wrote in message
news

Like I said, it's not rocket science. If they're intelligent enough to
read and write, they can rewire a fuse.

Get a reality check.

Here is a small list of customers that can read and write. I have worked
for them I would not trust them to correctly change a fuse - this list only
includes one person in that profession and I do not claim that everyone in
that profession cannot change a fuse. It also includes some what they have
said to me.

Teachers (not Geography teachers for some reason). Never let an English
teacher do any DIY
Duty Solicitor (sorry to keep you waiting in the cells I ran out of petrol
on the motorway and I forgot my credit cards)
Surgeon (yes I can do heart surgery but electrics are not my strong point)
Prison Officers (although he did make a good comment about Dennis Nilsen)
Armed police officer (how do you know which cables are live)
Lawyer (I could do it but myself you are £300 per hour cheaper than me) I am
sure he was lying.
Football captain (he had a calendar on his wall showing the days he scored -
but his team were not playing on some of those days)

If they can't change a fuse, they're too stupid to be in the human race and we'd be better off without them. If I was their landlord, I'd say (in a condescending tone), "Yes I'll do it for you, but I'm charging you for it as most people do this kind of thing themselves". Appliances used to needs plugs wiring onto them, now they come pre-wired. It's getting ridiculous. In a few generations, everyone will be complete morons and the world will grind to a halt. People need to think for themselves and stand on their own two feet again or we'll never get anywhere.

--
Gary's weather forecasting stone:
Stone is wet Rain