Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Which is better, foam rubber ear plugs or the things that looklike headphones

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 05:20:35 -0700, TimR wrote:

Is an MRI that loud? I've had one but don't remember it being that bad.

I wear foam when using machinery and both together if shooting.

Be careful with ear muffs if you wear glasses. Not all kinds seal
around the eyeglass bows, and sometimes you need to add a wedge.

I used the flange kind when I worked in a factory, but as an engineer I
wasn't normally on top of a machine that long. One night I had to
monitor a problem machine for a long time and very quickly discared the
flange and went to the foam.

At very high levels of noise the sound transmits right through the bone
structures and you go deaf.

So the answer to the original [poorly stated question] which is better? is
NEITHER!

Reworded to at some range/type of noise, which is better? Now that's a
good question.