Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quarter of Homebases to close

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 18:21:58 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:12:52 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I find thirty somethings have no DIY skills whatsoever. Not
complaining.

Most can't even assemble flatpack.

Have you considered that the 30-somethings you meet professionally might
not be representative of EVERY 30-something?

Yes and a lot of people are told they can't do something or a warned against it.

That age is often the peak of career progression, mixed in with having a
social life and/or small children - so often cash-rich/time-poor. Not
exactly a combination that encourages even the DIY-competent if there's
the option of a cheap and low-hassle tradesman (that's you) flopping a
flyer through the letterbox.

Here at work I've been told that those in recepttion (females) can't carry parcels only post so it's my job to collect the parcels.
If they ask me just once more I'm going to attach a label to myself saying "I'm as useless as a women", see how that gets to thier PC equal oppotunities and equal pay for equal work works out.